Sunday, 6 December 2015

What's In My Winter Makeup Bag?

Hey everyone! Day 6 of blog advent and I thought I would share with you some of my favourite makeup items for the colder months. These things are staples in my makeup bag during winter.


Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 Light Vanilla & Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in 010 Ivory 
These are my favourite base products for the winter because I feel like I need a bit more a glow when it's all dull outside. These two work well with my combination skin, they don't break me out and are a good colour match. This is actually my new favourite concealer because it's really creamy and pigmented and applies really nicely, so I highly recommend this!

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 Transparent & Makeup Revolution Radiant Lights Powder in Exhale & Natural Collection Blush in Peach Melba
I always use this Rimmel powder is set my makeup and is my go to powder, it doesn't have any coverage in and doesn't make me look cakey so I love it. As you can tell this blush is well loved and I wear it everyday, it is perfect on my pale skin because it is slightly warm and taupe and so I can put it on my entire cheek and it has a slight contour effect, it's just a really nice warm peach which works on my skin. I use the MUR Powder as a highlight and it is really nice because it's a cool pink and works with my colouring well. MUR powders are super pigmented and this one is no exception. A little goes a long way and it isn't too glittery so perfect for everyday.
Sleek Brow Kit in Light & Collection Brow Definer in 03 Blonde
Since I dyed my hair a little lighter and warm a month(ish) ago I have started using these brow products which were slightly too warm with my natural hair colour. They work perfectly to create a really bold brow. On an everyday basis I probably only use the pencil or the powder from the Sleek kit but when I want something a bit bolder I will use them in combination to really define my brows. 
 Rimmel Exaggerate Shadow Primer
I've been wanting an eyeshadow primer for a while because I felt like it would improve my eyeshadow game so much, but most eye primers are quite expensive so I decided to try out the Rimmel one and I love it, it works so well to keep my eye makeup on, prevents creasing and basically just makes me look fab all day, would totally recommend this if you want to try a primer but don't want to splash out on The Balm or Urban Decay.
 Clinique High Impact Mascara & Rimmel Scandeyes Eyeshadow Paint in Rich Russet
This mascara is pricey, but I usually get it as a present for Christmas or buy it with my birthday money because it is so worth it. It's so lengthening and volumising but doesn't clump on my lashes at all, it just gives me perfect eyelashes. As you all know this cream eyeshadow by Rimmel is one of my favourites, and I do wear it everyday, hence why it is in my everyday winter makeup but when you get up and are super tired and can't be bothered to blend five different eyeshadows onto your eyes this comes in so handy. It's a lovely colour that isn't too strong so good for everyday but you can build it up to be very impactful, and it works really well with blue eyes.
 w7 In The Buff Palette
This palette is a supposed dupe of the Naked 2, which my sister has and is quite a good match but there are some shades that differ in colour slightly. I really like this palette and I use it constantly, as you can tell by the messy packaging. I love that it has a nude colour which is yellow toned so good for my skin tone, and it has a really good matte black shadow. It's just a perfect palette for everyday and night time looks, and works really well for me.
Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner
This eyeliner has become a new love of mine. I go through phases with which eyeliner I like to use, pens, gel, usually just black eyeshadow on a damp angled brush. Lots of the pen liners I have used are very thick and it is hard to get a good, precise wing with, but this tip is so thin it works really well to get a good defined flick. It has replaced my beloved Rimmel Liquid Liner which I never thought would happen.
 Kiko Frosted Look Lipstick in 02 Brisk Mauve
I have mentioned this lipstick before and it is my go to everyday colour when I want a nude lip. It's slightly more pinky than nude but works so well with my colour and is matte despite its name. I absolutely love this product and Kiko is one of my favourite brands so I can't speak highly enough about this lipstick.
Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in Shade 30 & Rimmel Lip Liner in 063 Black Tulip & Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Vamp
These are my go to bold lip colours in winter, they are perfect for the colder months. I really like this Rimmel lipstick and the lip liner which matches it really well. It's not too dark but still a berry colour which is slightly more purple. This Sleek Lipstick is a new purchase, and being I honest I bought it because I was watch old I Covet Thee videos and she used this lipstick and I fell in love. It is a really nice colour and really long lasting but it is the mattest lipstick I have ever used, so your lips need to be in really good condition to use it. I do what Alex did and create a stain my lips and then apply it from the bullet. It's a rich burgundy shade which looks amazing with minimal eye makeup.

And that's all that's in my winter makeup bag, hopefully you guys love some of these products as much as I do, and if there is anything you can't live without in the winter let me know in the comments or on my social media pages. Sorry this post is slightly late today!

HGx

No comments:

Post a Comment